Name Change/Correction US Passport

US Passport United States US Flag
US Emblem

Get a Passport in time for your trip!

This form should only be used for making a data change for a previously issued, currently valid U.S. passport WITHIN one year from the date of issue:


– When there is a change in your identifying information, such as a name-change due to marriage or by court order;
– To extend the validity of certain previously limited passports; or
– To correct a Passport Services’ printing error.


Name Change/Correction – US Passport


Step 1: Gathering the necessary documents
Step 2: Shipping the documents




Passport Application (Form DS-5504)
Please download and fill out this application form. Be sure to sign and date your application.


Proof of Name Change 
certified copy of either
– A marriage certificate, or
– A name change court decree


Letter of Authorization
Please print out 1 copy of this letter. Fill out all the necessary information and sign.


Two Passport Photos
Photos must be recent, identical, 2×2 inches, not from a vending machine.
More on photo requirements


Recently issued Passport 
Make sure that the your passport was issued less than one year ago. If it is more than one year since the date of issue, you must apply for the passport renewalor for the new passport (if applicable).


Travel Itineary (Rush Service Only )
– Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
– Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant’s name showing dates and flight info, or if neither is available and traveling for business


– Certified Check or Money Order payable to the
US Department of State” for $ 170.00

– Certified Check or Money Order payable to the
Dokument USA.”:

– for $150 for 5 business day service;
– for $300 for 2 business day service;
– for $400 for the next business day service.


Name Change/Correction – US Passport




For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx. Please make sure that the following documents are included:


– Signed and dated Re-application Form (DS-5504)

– Proof of the name change

– Valid recently issued (no more than one year ago) Passport

– Signed Letter of Authorization

– Travel Itinerary (Rush Service only)

– Certified Check or Money Order for $60 payable to “US Department of State.”

– Certified Check or Money Order for required service payable to “Dokument USA Inc.”


Our Address:
Dokument USA Inc.,
1123 N Fairfax Ave.,
Los Angeles, CA 90046


Name Change/Correction – US Passport




Email us at or call us at (323) 650-2233.

Request a callback

Field is required
Field is required
Field is required